- NEVER USE SPRAY STARCH!
- We recommend using a high quality steam iron with a stainless steel sole plate.
- High quality does not necessarily mean high price. Make sure it has variable temperature, plenty of steam holes, a stainless steel sole plate, and is easy to use.
- With most irons, using bottled water is recommended to avoid mineral buildup that will not only clog the iron, but also stain your Guayabera.
- Our Guayaberas come in several different fabrics. Pair your iron’s temperature setting with the material of the shirt you are ironing.
- Some materials like Ramie, Cotton, and especially Linen are best when ironed damp to wet. We recommend using a spray bottle with water then iron as normal. Finishing your Guayabera with a dry iron produces a nice, crisp finish.
- Flatten out stubborn wrinkles and incorrect creases by spraying lightly with water before ironing.
- Freshen up previously worn shirts by spraying lightly with water before ironing.
Natural fibers such as Ramie, Cotton, and Linen keep you cool on hot and humid days. They do wrinkle easily, but become softer and more luxurious over time. Proper care will keep your Guayabera looking new and always complimented!
We are so honored you’ve chosen Guayabera Culture for your Modern Nostalgia needs. If you ever have any Care questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at info@GuayaberaCulture.com or 407-850-8025. One of our Guayabera Aficionados will be happy to help you. We value your business and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.